A false positive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlaew

Hey again, my AV just blocked access to a jpg, flagging it as a trojan, calling it Trojan-GameThief.Win32.WOW.qdb

I tried googling this and not much other than many of it show up as false positives, but usually it's bind with wow.exe or something. But the file is in C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\5GFQ0OOL

The file or 'jpeg' is called 0[1].jpg and it respawns when deleted after a restart. That leads me to suspect it's something but I actually did let my AV ignore it for a bit and monitored the system but nothing happens, maybe it waits for me to run WoW? I don't know, and I thought maybe you guys can shed light on it.

Spybot and FS report clean on everything else. Here is a hijackthislog. I couldn't find any registry files related to that file either.

HJT looks clean. What happens if you try to clear your temporary internet files?

I see that you ran the 8 steps (albeit not posting two of the logs since they contained nothing, as you say) -- this will mean that you downloaded CCleaner, you could try clearing it from there (tick 'temporary internet files' on the internet explorer section and run it) if you wish to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back