A few issues (HJT log attatched)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrisk47

I’m currently having a few issues with my computer, earlier today an icon directing me to a program called "Kill & Clean Scanner & Monitor" has appeared on my desktop. I have also had unwanted websites added to my bookmark and an error message informing me that I have spy ware and all I have to do is click "ok" to fix it (this error message would appear to be styled like a normal windows error message, but I’m presuming that its part-and-parcel of the spy ware).

Can somebody please check this log and tell me what needs to be fixed; any help would be much appreciated.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Go HERE and follow the instructions exactly.

Post a fresh HJT log as an attachment into this thread, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of Chrisk47 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

You need to prevent Ad-Watch from loading at Windows startup, because Ad-Watch will block any changes made by HijackThis. To do this:
Open Ad-Aware.
Click the Ad-Watch icon on the top of the screen.
Go to "Tools" and "Preferences".
At the bottom of the program window there are two items, "Active" and "Automatic".
Uncheck both items.
Make sure when we are done with the fix to re-enable Ad-Watch by checking these two items.

You might want to copy and paste these instructions into a notepad file. Then you can have the file open in safe mode, so you can follow the instructions easier.

Boot into safe mode, under your normal user name(NOT THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT). See how here.> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial61.html

Turn off system restore.(XP/ME only) See how here.> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial56.html

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how here.> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial62.html

Open your task manager, by holding down the ctrl and alt keys and pressing the delete key.

Click on the processes tab and end process for(if there).

ALCXMNTR.EXE
Remind_XP.exe

Close task manager.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

O1 - Hosts: localhost 127.0.0.1

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AlcxMonitor] ALCXMNTR.EXE

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Reminder] "C:\Windows\Creator\Remind_XP.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [AAW] "C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware SE Personal\Ad-Aware.exe" "+b1"

O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{345C60D4-CCDC-49D3-BC24-E410FD583818}: NameServer = 85.255.116.69,85.255.112.110
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{80F41DC4-DEBA-4FB0-A6F2-17004D4F36B3}: NameServer = 85.255.116.69,85.255.112.110
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{8814F931-AC3A-428D-889F-6D5AE0FFBB8F}: NameServer = 85.255.116.69,85.255.112.110
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{F6EA64E3-D706-40A8-9363-514B409E637A}: NameServer = 85.255.116.69,85.255.112.110
O17 - HKLM\System\CS1\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: NameServer = 85.255.116.69 85.255.112.110
O17 - HKLM\System\CS1\Services\Tcpip\..\{345C60D4-CCDC-49D3-BC24-E410FD583818}: NameServer = 85.255.116.69,85.255.112.110
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: NameServer = 85.255.116.69 85.255.112.110

Only fix the above 017 entries, if they don`t belong to your ISP.

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or directories(if there).

ALCXMNTR.EXE Search your system for this file and delete all instances of it.

Reboot into normal mode and turn system restore back on.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of Chrisk47 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

I loaded ad-aware up but when clicking on the "ad-watch" button, it says that its not available in the personal edition that I have.

No matter then, just follow the instructions, then let me know how your system is running.

You might as well post a fresh HJT log when you`re done.

Thanks for your help. I fixed most of the porblems you outlined in the reply, but couldn't find:

O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [AAW] "C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware SE Personal\Ad-Aware.exe" "+b1"

And I wasn't sure about the "017" ones so I left them.

The "Kill & Clean Scanner & Monitor" icon is still on the desktop, but there is no omage in the icon, just a default image of an .exe.

The new HJT log is attatched.

No problem. Your HJT log is clean.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, Please post in this thread.

Delete the Kill & Clean Scanner & Monitor icon.

I have noticed a new problem, whenever I use a search engine, such as yahoo or google and click on the links I getsent to a page that cannot be displayed.

For Example:

Search word: "Oxford"

The first option is Oxford University

I click it and am sent to this page:

http://85.255.114.115/click.php?PHPSESSID=9EC3673994704B4F8936DFC4BAA6810B&qq=oxford&id=2&qnaes={9EC36739-9470-4B4F-8936-DFC4BAA6810B}&b=0&ZZ=2

Any ideas of what the problem is?

It doesn't seem to happen with all search results, but defiantley with the majority. Im now being re-direced to random pages instead of the page i've clicked on. It happens on both Yahoo and Google.

Your HJT log is clean.

I`m not sure what`s causing your problem.

Try using Firefox and see if you still have the same problem. You can get it HERE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back