A few problems here. BsOD's and Crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soil

Hello,

Iv recenntly jsut formatted my computer installed all my stuff, firewall(sygate pro),anti virus(nod32 administration version)

im running Windows XP SP2, Nvidia MX420(piece of ****) some old motherboard,
AMD 800mhz CPU
384MB RAM(x3 128's)
I know i have to upgrade just dont have the money atm but no reason why this system cant run Counter Strike 1.6 via Steam. I get random crashes and its happening more and more then ill get a Blue screen of death either saying nv4_disp.dll(nvidia Main DLL, im guessing the latest drivers arnt so good for my card, maby i should get older drivers that are more my cards time), or kmixer.sys(audio i belive)

What to do :(

Help will be greatly appreciated

Hi
For starters, I would never run any driver past 43.45 on any gf2/3/4 card, no matter what anyone tells you. The drivers I have found best for those types of vid cards are: 30.82, 40.72, 41.09, and 43.45. Secondly, what type of audio hardware do you have?

Creative AWE64 16-bit AUDIO

Im running 41.09 atm still experiencing proplems :S

does the 30.XX drivers support OpenGL?

Yeah, the 30 series supports ogl, think all of the nvid drivers support it as ogl is nvids claim to fame.
If that's a via chipset mobo, are you running 4n1s from via or from the xp install disk? I prefer the ones that come with xp as they have been whql'd.
Keep at it.

ah the driver that came with win XP sp2 sucked so bad. couldent run Medal of honor series, dident support openGL .. and couldent run CS in openGL either :p

as soon as i got 41.09 i could run the games with openGL.

Thanks for your helping btw :)

and iv had NTFS.sys BSOD twice .. wasent in game i was jsut on desktop.. i thorught that was kinda strange since ihad jsut formatted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back