A funny Google search

olefarte

A funny Google search.

I copied this from nV News. Maybe I'm the only one in the world who hasn't seen this, but it's pretty funny, at least if you aren't French.
Pi$$ Take - 7/12/03 1:53 am - By: MUYA - Source: Email
Ok most of you guys know the search return joke after you search "weapons of mass destruction" on google. Now try searching "french military victories". Cheap shots all round :)

it does not work any more yea

and imho i don' think its a really good joke

not that i defend anyone but just it's not a very nice humor to me ...

I'm not French, btw, FYI, but I don't see that as a joke.

I merely see it as 'something to talk about'.

Hey, whatdoyaknow'? We're talking about it.

lol, its kind of distasteful but its just an interesting google find, nothing more, man people take things too seriously a lot

As the one who started this thread, I apologize to DigitalAlex and anyone else that was offended. That was not my intent. As SNGX said, it is distasteful and I wish I had not posted it. I hope it stops and dies right here.

Well, imo, it's not such a bad joke...

We all need some self insight and irony, and as such it's just a harmless joke...

I recently got it in the mail, and told a french friend of mine who had problems stopping laughing... :)

And btw: the joke still works, just remember to hit the "I'm feeling lucky" button, and you'll get to a html screenie of it...

umm.. I believe the "French Military Victories" one was put their by a hacker, at least thats what Google and a number of PC magazines claimed...

and the WMD one is down to that actually being the site with the best page rank

I knew that, but it's a photoshopped pic or an page copied from Google and changed...that search never actually returned those results.

Originally posted by MYOB
umm.. I believe the "French Military Victories" one was put their by a hacker, at least thats what Google and a number of PC magazines claimed...

and the WMD one is down to that actually being the site with the best page rank

That doesn't make sense, if I were a hacker, I'd turn down the entire Google site. But I love Google, who doesn't? Oh, maybe the owners of other search engines. ;)

umm... aggasi, that is a screenshot of the page it returns now...

XtR-X same thoughts the hacker had, he wanted to get his own back on the French subtly, but he wanted Google to stay up. So he just fiddled with PageRank and linked to a fake page, which is what still comes up. However, it now comes up due to it having the highest PageRank legitimately

Lol, that's clever. That's not a google hack or anything though. It just happens to be the first search result.

Originally posted by Goofy Newfie
Try this one: In Google, type "weapons of mass destruction," and click on "I'm feeling lucky."

Haha :haha: Thats pretty good..

I've never knowen, what does the "Im Feeling Lucky" button do anyways? Does it just bring up the first scearch result?

It means that when you search, if you feel 'lucky' enough that you think the first search result is the answer, "I'm feeling lucky" will take you to the first search result automatically.

A NEW ONE TO DO!!!!!!!!!!!

OK heres a good one !!!! i wont tell you what happens but its good type "crappygames" with no space in between DO IT !!!!!!!hhahaha its good

I don't find anything offensive about it at all...it's rather funny actually. I would imagine though, that if I were from France, perhaps I would not find it so funny...I would find it true, but not funny...

:hotbounce

Back