A Graphics card for AGP4 slot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deathrattle

Im upgrading my nephews computer , but his agp slot is only agp4
So basacally what is the best graphics card to put in ?

I was going to put a 6600gt in but im not sure if it will work as its an agp8 card

any help appreciated

According to the specs listed by Foxconn for you motherboard it is an 8x card, so the graphics card you are looking at would be fine. You can check out the specs on your card here.

olefarte said:
According to the specs listed by Foxconn for you motherboard it is an 8x card, so the graphics card you are looking at would be fine. You can check out the specs on your card here.

The computer in my sig is mine , the one im upgrading is my nephews , wich is only 4x :)

Deathrattle said:
The computer in my sig is mine , the one im upgrading is my nephews , wich is only 4x :)
Sorry I misread, but as isatippy said, that card should work. My old computer was 4x and I upgraded two different times with 8x cards.

Its a ....

P4 2.8 ghz northwood
160 gig Hd 7200rpm
512 mb pc2700 (gonna add another 512 stick)

Just found a ATI 9800 pro for £88 might go for that , not the best i know , but its still quite a better card than the geforce mx 400 he currently has

also needs a sound card , probably get an audigy 2

thanks for ya help

I have an 8x ATI on an MSI 6330 motherboard Athlon 1.2 that only supports 4x. IT runs just fine.

oh yeah, 260W is WAY underpowered for most new motherboards and peripheral equipment. Heck I have a 600W supply in the new MB I built.
;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back