A horror problem with my vaio laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobby123

Basically all of a sudden today my laptop just comes up with 'error loading operating system'. I have taken the battery out and put it back in and it just keeps saying this. Please help me, I have much important work in this.

I hope it`s not the case, but you may have a hard drive problem. test your hard drive with the manufacturers diagnostic utility. If you have problems finding it, see this thread HERE.

Regards Howard :)

How can I test my hard drive and in that thread I cant find a vaio one. All I can do with my laptop is get onto the bios set up, there is some important work saved in there too.

any laptop harddrive should work as a replacement as long as it fits.
Laptop HDs tend to crash more frequently than desktops- because they are handled more roughly.

yer there sa lot of important work on it you see.

howard_hopkinso said:
Download the Powermax ISO file and burn it to cd as an image. Boot from the cd and run the diagnostic tests.

I have nero, can you tell me how to burn an image using that, as for the cds I have dvd rw, is that ok?

Click start/all programmes/nero/nero burning rom.

When the programme opens, cancel the new compilation screen and click the recorder menu. Select burn image and browse to where you saved the Powermax ISO file. Click on the iso file and click open. Click the burn button.

I dont think nero has actually burnt anything to the dvd rw. It comes up as burn compliation and says waiting for drive to be ready. helpp

pic soon...

unitedlogo-1.jpg

Isn't there a system restore disk that came with the laptop? Should put the OS and all drivers back in as factory default.

I told you in my post #7 to cancel the burn compilation screen.

Then, click Recorder on the toolbar. Select burn image and browse to where you saved the Powermax ISO file. Click on the iso file and click open. Click the burn button.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back