a i need hel with what video card i can support XD

Status
Not open for further replies.

rando152

Hi, im in need of some help well i'll just jump to the problem I own: a 16mb ATI RAGE 128 Ultra : video card i know it sucks **** but i want to get a new one i dont know what kind of card my comp can support i dont know if this will help but i also own a Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 1.70GHz processer. If you need more info to figure out what kind of card i can support id be happy to get more :D ty

Hello and welcome to techspot!

Yes, we are going to need some more info from you. Is your system a "brand name" like dell or gateway? If so, then if you can give us your model number that will help.

If not, then download and install cpuZ : https://www.techspot.com/downloads/27-cpu-z.html

and tell us what it says for your mainboard information and graphics interface.

There should be a sticker on the case somewhere. Look for ANY sticker on the case (on the back, sides, anywhere) and post the numbers it says.

Also, what games are you wanting to play?

ok i found a product key do u need that? and i also found another numebr idk what it is its st the tip of the sticker its 0045-163-301-088

Are you sure on that sticker somewhere it doesn't say Dell dimension XXXX or something similar?

dell;modle:eek:ptiplex gx240;chipset:i845;south bridge:82801ba(ich2)::::Grapphics interface:version:AGP version 2.0;Transfer rate:4x;max supported:4x;sideband:enabled

Wow, I have to admit I am surprised. It's rare to see someone with a Dell who wants to upgrade and you actually have an AGP port! You are in some luck there friend!

The only potential problem is whether or not your PSU can handle the upgrade. Open up your case and look at your PSU. There will be a sticker attached to it. We need to know how many watts your PSU is.

Another important thing is, exactly what games are you hoping to be able to play? I don't want to get your hopes up too high here. You still have a fairly dated CPU, and I assume limited ram?

ah well

ah do i HAVE to open my case or is there any other way and i want to be able to play guild wars and call of duty 2 i can already play guild wars but the graphics and the lag is crappy

ok

well ihave talked tomy dad and we talked about instead of just upgrading it and the comp is like 5 years old would u recomend i jsut get a new cheap comp cuz this things is pretty slow and its hard drive is only 40gb and i have 5 left. should i just get a new comp like for 400-500 bucks???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back