TechSpot

A little about me & i need help

By mott
Jun 21, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hi all
    Just joined your forum hopefully i will be able to fix my second pc with your help
    Basicaly I have 2 kids and the eldest needs a pc in her room so i was given a Dell dimension 2350 with printer etc but it has been used by a numpty and has some problems.
    1/ pop up on desktop @startup b.exe has experianced a problem and needs to close etc
    2/ virgin media helpdesk couldnt get it online (direct connection to cable broardband) because according to them it has no ip address
    3/ cmd wont run apparently because another program is using this file
    4 /ipconfig same story
    5/ task manager wont open
    6/ regedit wont open another program is using this file
    7/ 700 invalid entries from regestry editor
    up to now because i cant get it online im kinda stuck without being able to download programs etc I did get spybot on to it but it wont work because i cant update the definitions (yawn) but i did burn the updates on to a disc and put them in to the updates file but no good
    I put norton on but that is 2005 vintage
    anyway i guess im not sposed to start a thread in this bit oops sorry got carried away trying to get it all down before i forgot if I upset anyone i am sorry that said any help would be great thanks
  2. larryiam

larryiam TS Rookie Posts: 577

Hello mott and welcome to Techspot :wave:

Please take a moment to read the following threads to make your experience here as enjoyable as possible

Message for all newcomers

SNGX1275's 2008 updated Guide to making a good post/thread

The Techspot FAQ

Do NOT post your Computer Questions/Problems in this Forum

If you could take a minute to fill in some of your profile information that would be helpful to all members of the forum.

Knowing someone's location in the world can be extremely helpful, even if you just put a country.

Also remember to post any problems or questions that you have in the appropriate forums

It's good to meet you and I hope you enjoy it here

Regards,

Jacob(credit to Blind Dragon for post)
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.