A little more insight

By link590o
Aug 26, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. As some of the bigger techspot guru's may know, I'm a seasoned veteran on this site by now. I've learned quite a lot, made some friends, and I've attempted to help people solve their problems instead of focusing purely on mine. All the while, I failed to do the simplest thing a person can do. Introduce myself.

I felt like I should at least let you get a feel for the type of person I am should you want to know.

I am everyone and no one. I am great and I am pitiful. Only your perception matters. As for what I know to be true about myself, my one passion is music. I love music, and I pray I don't suffer the cruel irony of going deaf.

And if there is any one person, artist, composer, whatever you call them that I revere the most, it is Jason Becker. I've never heard a more inspiring tale than his, and his music is one of the precious few works of art that brought tears of joy to my eyes. I know raw talent when I hear it, and Jason is the finest guitar player and the finest individual I have ever known. I think of him as a God because he has lived as one. I know of no other living person more deserving of this status than him. And it is one of my greatest hopes that I will someday be able to play one of his masterpieces and bring the joy he brought me to everyone else.

I've spent my whole life devoting myself to music. I even took ten years of my life to learn the piano. I found I really excelled at it, and I took great pride in my ability. In addition to the piano, I delved into guitar upon hearing some of Jason's works, and I'm still a beginner, but I'm working on it.

The only other thing I love as much as music is computers. I think they're great. As a matter of fact, I've devoted just as much of my life to learning about computers and what makes them tick as I have listening to music of the greatest composers ever to walk the planet. I love taking computers apart, learning what parts do, and learning how to fix a problem should I come across one. I make it my job to know my computer as well as I do the piano or a piece of music.

I also believe that you can tell a lot about a person by the types of music they listen to. This is partly the reason why I'm open to all kinds of music. Just about the only things I don't like are many modern creations like RAP, Hip Hop, R&B, and all that other junk. The words are great, sure. But the music doesn't have it. It's all the same just to a different beat and to different words.

I can be a very benevolent person. Don't get snotty with me and we're going to get along just fine. If it's one thing I can't stand it's intolerance. Just because someone thinks something is beautiful doesn't mean you have to go around telling them they're gay and that it sucks. Shut the f*ck up and go do whatever the hell you want. Leave us alone.

I try to be as brutally honest with friends as I can be. I don't like keeping up a charade. Accept each other for who you are and be thankful that you got to know someone as great as them. Then have the time of your lives because it will never get any better.

Sarcasm when directed in a malicious way is just as annoying as intolerance. Tell me what you friggin mean so I can deal with whatever problem you have against me, and then I can either ignore you and move on, or sort it out and make friends. I hate having to hold a grudge just because there was a big misunderstanding.

If you're going to treat me like an ***** for my own good, do it in a nice way. At least show me you're not trying to be an a$$hole. I don't like to make mistakes, but I don't like being thought of as a retard. Most likely, I'll make it clear I don't know what I'm doing just so I can avoid this scenario altogether.

As far as religion goes, I have all and I have none. I can accept some of the beliefs that religions can offer. But I can't accept any one of them because there are aspects and beliefs that I just don't agree with. There's also that whole lack of proof of existence and all that other crap. So I'd prefer not to get involved. Don't push anything on me and we'll be fine.

That's pretty much me in a nutshell. There are plenty more interests I have and plenty I haven't discovered. But this message is just getting too long. Want to know me better? Then talk to me on AIM or something. Ask me for my screen name and I'll tell you.

Hope I can find my place here with the rest of you.
  2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso Newcomer, in training Posts: 25,948   +19

Hello link590o and welcome to Techspot.

I won`t bother giving you the newbie links, as I know you already know how the site and forums work. ;)

Thanks for helping out around here.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:
  3. link590o

link590o Topic Starter

Thanks! It's my pleasure. I like helping. =D!
  4. God Of Mana

God Of Mana TechSpot Paladin Posts: 502

:wave: Welcome To TechSpot :wave:
  5. link590o

link590o Topic Starter

....um..thank you?...of course you just say that to everyone in this forum. i dunno if you just want your post count to go up or if you really mean that. you posted in like...a thousand topics today. based off of what i'm seeing you do anyway...correct me if i'm wrong. i don't want to have a wrong impression.
  6. twite

twite TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,083

I know how you feel. I think i would rather not be greeted at all then by greeted generically.
  7. link590o

link590o Topic Starter

seriously. you take a significant hit to your character and self-respect when you just go around and give generic answers. sure, its nice to greet people. but...not like that. people won't like you a helluva lot. at least make every entry unique and tailor it to the person. that's the least you could do. and you won't come off looking like an *****. i'm almost half-tempted to flag it as a bad post.
  8. twite

twite TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,083

I understand for members like howard (a mod) he is more or less doing his job. But for other members, where there is no incentive (besides raising your post count), i take it as an isult to be greeted generically. If i wanted generic help i would call microsoft, listen to there generic menu, and then be greeted by a guy from india with a script in front of him.
  9. link590o

link590o Topic Starter

yeah i understand howard's position. and i have a much higher respect for him than almost anyone else. and i totally agree with the microsh*t comment =D.

its people that spam who ruin forums.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.