A little overclocking advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

daddystabz

Today I will be switching out my system and massively upgrading to a new motherboard (EVGA NVIDIA NForce 680I SLI), CPU (Core 2 Duo E6600), RAM (2GB Corsair DDR2 800 PC 6400) and, graphics card (NVIDIA Geforce 8800 GTS). I really want to overclock this board because I heard it is awesome to overclock.

I am pretty novice at overclocking. I am looking for any advice on what to set in the BIOS to get the best overclocking or maybe a link to a guide or something. Anyone that has experience with overclocking this motherboard please let me know what settings work best, especially if you have a similar setup.

it's not easy to say 'what to set' to get the best overclocking. You might be able to change multipliers,fsb bus speeds, you might need to apply a agp/pci lock.. it really depends on your hardware.
I suggest you read the sticky called 'simple overclock faq' at the top of this forum first.(https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic70998.html)

if you've read that and still have questions, please post them here.

I'll check that out.....thanks! Anyone with similar hardware and good experience please post your setups here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back