TechSpot

a little overclocking advice

By daddystabz
Mar 29, 2007
  1. Today I will be switching out my system and massively upgrading to a new motherboard (EVGA NVIDIA NForce 680I SLI), CPU (Core 2 Duo E6600), RAM (2GB Corsair DDR2 800 PC 6400) and, graphics card (NVIDIA Geforce 8800 GTS). I really want to overclock this board because I heard it is awesome to overclock.

I am pretty novice at overclocking. I am looking for any advice on what to set in the BIOS to get the best overclocking or maybe a link to a guide or something. Anyone that has experience with overclocking this motherboard please let me know what settings work best, especially if you have a similar setup.

2. Exonimus

Exonimus TS Rookie Posts: 77

it's not easy to say 'what to set' to get the best overclocking. You might be able to change multipliers,fsb bus speeds, you might need to apply a agp/pci lock.. it really depends on your hardware.
    I suggest you read the sticky called 'simple overclock faq' at the top of this forum first.(http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic70998.html)

if you've read that and still have questions, please post them here.

3. daddystabz

daddystabz TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 99

I'll check that out.....thanks! Anyone with similar hardware and good experience please post your setups here.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.