A little Sound Thingy.. Help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyber2410

Dear reader,
I once had a problem with my p.c. that no sound came from it at all. Thanks to the techSpot forum i could fix it. But the thing is that my p.c. speaker are not working anymore and that's why i use headphones. But when i plug the headphones in the p.c. (green) i only get sound from one ear instead of getting sound from both earphones pieces.
I really would appreciate help.
Here are my computer specs ;

Monitor : 17" AOC
Operating system : windows Xp Professional
System case : X-Technologies
Processor speed : 1.46 GHz

Motherboard : Phoenix Technologies, LTD
BIOS date : 03/09/04

Driver producer; VIA Technologies, Inc.
Audio Device : Vinyl AC'97 Audio (WAVE)
Driver version : 6.14.1.4180
Driver date : 3-10-2006

many thankss!

Hey, there is a similar problem on my Dad's laptop. I'm not an expert but i think it's probably the socket on the laptop is broken, if i plug head phones in and then mess around with them and sorta have them half plugged in then i can get sound through both of them, although this is kinda in convinent cause it gets interupted or distorted easily. The little 5mm plugs are notorious for being weak and easy to damage, maybe this is the case? Like i said i am no expert but this is just a possibility. Hope it helps :)

If you can try another known good pair of headphones or a set of speakers, to test the port, you can narrow it down.

I bought a new set of speakers, and still the sound comes from the left speaker only.. I really need the right speaker to produce sound. I tried wiggling a bit with the port and i managed to get sound from both but disturbed, would it be a und card thing

Hi Cyber, it sounds like it could be the sound card to me. That would be what i'd check next, you should be able to pick up a new one for next to nothing :) or just borrow one from a friend and see if it makes a difference.

When one speaker puts out, the stereo capability has stopped. You have integrated sound now? If so, installing a soundcard may get your system back online. Good Luck.

Check your sound card properties. Also, check Windows Audio & Sounds properties. Failing that, test your speakers on another comp or audio device, see if they work on them. If they do and you can't figure out the problem, check for spyware. I recommend using the following 3 utilities:

• Ad-Aware 2007
  • Spybot Search & Destroy
  • AVG Anti-Spyware
All are free and can be downloaded via the Internet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back