A lot of Vista problems/issues and internet problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaorichan2009

Vista Problems:

Should I downgrade my vista from Premium to Basic. Its a speed versus quality factor here.

Is there any fix for KSOD error (Keyboard Screen Of Death) It keeps popping up here and we tried every usb and most of them are errored.

Is there a fix for the ISOD too? (Invisible screen of death) We know its dead but no numbers come up for me to diagnose it.

Is there a Fix For HDD Failure?

My Graphics Card seems to crash on the simplest of games. It doesn't crash WoW but my brother's game: Wonderland Online will crash a lot and i told him its probably my Graphics or RAM.

Internet Problems:

And i just dumped my premium and put in a new copy due to there was gunk building up on my hd, My new internet is Verizon and well. It doesnt stay on more than an hour in fact I bet it just shut off while typing this up. (Solved Issue: Virus)

Im also in need of some help in getting my brother's computer to accept wireless coming from my linksys wireless and Im trying to work toward a solution while my brother is out of town. Any help here?

Software Issues:

Ok Now Opera is Not responding after loading Myspace. (wonder if im the only one who uses that around here) Opera isnt this difficult on the wii.

Specs:
Brother's computer
1 Gig Ram
128 mb video
180 gig hard drive
Browsers: Internet Explorer, Firefox

My computer:
4 Gig Ram
256 mb video
500 gig hard drive (Crashes)
Browsers: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera, Safari

Also what size HDD should i upgrade to if I have a 500 gig HDD
And what should I get for a video card? I need to get a new one to play Halo 2 and new WoW.

I would guess the reason you didn't get help is because you have listed so many problems- and on two different systems!

9 Separate problems and questions!

It has been taken to a shop now since well i didnt get much help.

Sorry you didn't get much (i.e. any!) help but please understand:
1. All assistance is provided by volunteers (not a paid, dedicate staff) so
2. Depending on
==> # of volunteers reviewing posts at the moment ) (and their proficiencies) vs.
==> Volume of post for help (and skills needed to provide help to that post)
can sometimes result in a request (like yours) "falling through the cracks"

3. It's perfectly OK to "bump" yourself if no one has answered after a few days (very not ok when people bump after waiting 30 minutes)

Computer returned. Still internet locks up. so... its not a firewall problem. It might be from when i reinstalled vista i might not of done it right?

1. Let;s start with getting better specs on your machine
Click to download then run Everest Home. From top of Everest window:
  • Click File->Preferences
    • Check English
    • Then (still under Preferences) click Report and uncheck Include Debug Information
    • Close Preferences window
  • Click Reports->Report Wizard. Get a Custom Report report in plain text. Check these items
    • Computer
    • Motherboard
    • Network
  • Attach the report file to a TechSpot post. When you create your TechSpot post, use the paper clip icon to attach the report. (If you don't see it among your icons, you need to click the TechSpot Go Advanced button towards bottom of window)
2. You list several browsers: happening equally for each? Tend to happen on one type in particular
And i just dumped my premium and put in a new copy due to there was gunk building up on my hd, My new internet is Verizon and well. It doesnt stay on more than an hour in fact I bet it just shut off while typing this up. (Solved Issue: Virus)
internet problem listed above was resolved. Caused by viruis
Still internet locks up. so... its not a firewall problem. It might be from when i reinstalled vista i might not of done it ri
"Define locked up"
- Entire computer lock up?
- Only one internet window block up?
- Any other observations of actitiviies, etc. going on ?

Browsers will stop working on the internet... And its when using email SOMETIMES. Not all the time... most of the time its just while browsing... Im on a lap top now but i will get on my usual computer soon.

Well, one immediate suggestion: use Process Explorer. In fact you should have it included in your Vista system startups so is automatically already there from the start. (start it with /t option so it starts up minimized in icon view)

1. Its icon view provides you real-time feedback on CPU activity with real-time chart of both total CPU usage and which one process is using the most it of it (and just how much)

2. Can be very very useful data point to have at the moment the problem strikes
whether simply for data displayed when in icon view but also then immediately available to simple click to open and click CPU column to see full view what your machine is doing those moments in time. and i find PE incredibly more useful as well vs. Task manager

• Install Process Explorer
  • Click Options and set Hide when Minimized, Allow Only One Instance, Confirm Kill, CPU History in Tray Icon
  • When PE is open, you can click CPU column header to see processes sorted by CPU usage. When usage high, check top of the list, OR
  • Minimize PE. Note the red and green waves through its system tray icon
    • Green indicates total CPU usage
    • Red indicates the process using most the most the CPU time
    Hover cursor over the icon to get the info

could the problem also be caused by a ghosting recovery hdd that wasnt formatted along with the computer? because i just formatted again (accidentally wanting to delete the recovery which was useless anyway) and i havent had a problem with the internet? did i just solve my own problem!? T_T what the heck. they also have a thingy with isps and RIAA i thought that was what happened... ._. but i dont download music anymore like i used to. i stopped because of it. when i reinstalled though .75 of my ram was gone... what the heck happened?!

could the problem also be caused by a ghosting recovery hdd that wasnt formatted along with the computer? because i just formatted again (accidentally wanting to delete the recovery which was useless anyway) and i havent had a problem with the internet? did i just solve my own problem!?
I recognize some familiar verbs, nouns and adjectives but can't recognize what thing it applies to.

So can only answer huh? :confused:

I assume this is something you see on bootup? System boot never makes it as far as the Windows desktop? You're getting error message regarding memory?

Or what are you saying? Or is it you start and run ok but memory has just disappered???

If you want help you need to describe the events you're seeing. Not your conclusion. Cuz then no one knows the screens, error messages, etc. that took you to your problem. Otherwise, no one reading has any context for what's happening

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back