A Memory Ram Upgrade problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I upgrade my Dell Dimension 2400 memory ram. It making a beeping sound when i put the memory ram in my computer. Can anyone please tell me why is that happening?

Most likely you need to shut down, then open the case, and remove the memory, then rinstall it...
Otherwise, it doesn't like the memory you have installed... so tell us more about that memory... what it is and where you got it.

and did you check the manufacturers web site for a compatible memory list? this site has a list of ram that works with the 2400 series.http://www.memorystore.com/upgrades...=voltage&cp=yahoossp&kw=dimension+2400+memory

here is dells support page for the 2400 series
http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/dim2400/en/sm_en/index.htm

Im not saying you did, but i have seen a few posts lately of folks buying 'high density' ram....dont! LOL its really cheap and complete garbage. not to mention it doesn't work in many machines.

Ok more information

:confused: I brought the memory from ebay it's a 1GB PC3200 400MHz DDR Memory - High Density. Now my computer is a Dell Dimension 2400.

Hmmmm

:confused: ok I got this information about the Dell desktop from Dell it self. MEMORY RAM 1 GB Memory Module for Dell Dimension 2400/ 2400C/ 4600C Desktops - Memory Speed: 400 MHz ( PC3200 ) Data Integrity Check: Non-ECC. I think that what i brought a Pc3200 memory ram and it's beep when i turn it on. I should have stuck to the PC2700 memory Ram I was going to buy first.

yes, i see, but i do not know of a computer manufacturer that endorses 'high density' ram for use in their machines. any quality ram made is low density.

Beep, in your case means dead memory. But Buffalo memory at www.directron.com or Crucial from www.crucial.com... two i GB modules of DDR PC3200 - matched memory works best.. cost about $35 to $42 per module depending on where you get it ... I like the low priced Buffalo memory at Directron... but Crucial is very, very safe.

Just about any memory will work in a basic, base line 2400 Dimension... and no upgrade to more expensive memory will make any difference... Crucial and Buffalo are GREAT first line memory, and their prices are also perfect, as are Kingston, Infineon, Samsung...
No need to over spend for a Dell 2400 because the motherboard will never know if tasty, high performance memory is there... Never

DDR PC2700 or DDR PC3200 should work... any brand... if rated as one of those two, the density will be correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back