A new Problem: How to delete KERNELS32.EXE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

freemason

I am running winXP with the latest Service pack, Updated AVG antivirus and also ad-aware from lavasoft.
AVG doesent catch the file "kernels32.exe" witch is placed in c:\windows\system32
Panda online scan finds it.

But my problem is That I cant delete it..

Anyone have some experiance with removing KERNELS32.EXE?

And yes I am aware that there is a windoes file called kernel33.dll but that is a system file thats supposed to be there..

Please help, I think this is a new one and there is little help to be found by googeling for kernels32.exe

Thanx in advance guys, any help will be greatly apreciated..

Cheers
Freemason

And yes I am aware that there is a windoes file called kernel33.dll but that is a system file thats supposed to be there..

kernel33.dll=kernel32.dll (just a type-o)

I know i misspelled it but I belive anyone with enough "knowhow" to help me with the problem would recognize my mispelling as a simple type-o....

Anyways TA-DAAAAA!!!
I managed to fix the problem. OH happy day!!!
1. I renamed the file Kernels32.exe to "bastard kernels32.exe"
2. I turned of system restore in windows
3. Did the regedit changes sugested by SYMANTEC on the web
4. did a reboot, and could now delete the file.
5. did a second reboot, and it was gone!!!
6. currently running yet another PANDA online scan, and if that shows up kosher imturning system restore back on and presto problem solved.. (I think)

Cheers
Freemason

Once you're satisfied and you have turned on system restore again, do something like update a driver. Something which will make XP do a system cache to the restore files (which are now all blank). i,e before you go too far with personal files etc and had a crash and no restore files were generated.

Thanks for the tip. I was not aware of that... I will update something like the videocard or something

Cheers
Freemason

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back