TechSpot

A Newbie - Greetings to all

By ldsturgeon
Jun 6, 2008
  1. I just joined today from Florida and look forward to reviewing a great deal of your site for information and assistance.

2. Andels

Andels TS Rookie Posts: 16

Hello there, ldsturgeon!

I have recently visited Florida along the Panama City coast, I look forward to seeing you around the forums. :)

3. ldsturgeon

ldsturgeon TS Rookie Topic Starter

Hello

You visited one of the best areas for Florida, the Panhandle.
    I live on the Gulf Coast north of Tampa which is considered "Florida's Suncoast". I originally come from Southern Indiana and ended up here 22 years ago. I miss the Hoosier State a great deal. I've really enjoyed browsing your Forum and look for to learning a lot from everyones posts. :>)

4. Blind Dragon

Blind Dragon TS Evangelist Posts: 3,908

Nice to meet both of you, I actually live just north of Tampa as well. We were looking in Spring Hill for homes as you can get 3 times the home there as in tampa

5. ldsturgeon

Hi Blind Dragon.

I've lived in Springhill for the past 22 years. There are numerous homes for sale here and yes, less expensive than Tampa. Property taxes are much less expensive here in Hernando County, but, as the norm statewide homeowners insurance is quite expensive. Tampa is way too crowded for me. Good luck.

6. Blind Dragon

I have noticed. I have lived north of Tampa for 26 years, and it has changed so much, people used to say we lived in the boonies. Now, not even you are considered in the boonies, and it has even been crowded up there.

I am tired of Tampa traffic though

7. laptopuser1

laptopuser1 TS Rookie

Welcome ldsturgeon.

Florida is a nice place... What are your hobbies.

8. ldsturgeon

Greetings laptopuser and Blind Dragon.

Yes, Springhill years ago used to be the boonies but now is quite crowded. Definitely not as bad as Tampa. To be honest I really don't like Florida and would rather be back in Southern Indiana as I miss the four seasons, friends and family. My hobbies are Nascar and trying to learn all of the aspects of computer repair since my eMachine T2341 died. I believe the cheap power supply fried the motherboard so I'm digging deep into this Forum for assistance and expert advise on replacement parts. Have a great day.

9. Blind Dragon

10. AADude

AADude TS Rookie

Welcome. I live in Port Charlotte, FL.

11. ldsturgeon

Thanks for the welcome AADude. Blind Dragon, I've been scouring the eMachine posts the last 3 days and I do appreciate the assistance and information you provided. I just now need to go into the posts again today for eMachines and see what expert advise I can find to assist with my problem. Have a great day all.

12. Blind Dragon

I was there last wednesday to meet a client.

13. brassmonkey1690

brassmonkey1690 TS Rookie

Destin is really nice =D

14. ldsturgeon

I've only been as far south as Fort Myers in my 22 years here. I've just never found any thing exciting about Florida as a resident. Nice place to visit, but, living here is too much heat for me. NO SEASONS. Florida is considered the "Last Doorstep to Heaven". :>)

15. Blind Dragon

I ve been on the doorstep a while then :)

16. ldsturgeon

Blind Dragon.

That makes two of us. I hope all is having a great "Father's Day".

17. Blind Dragon

Yep, the kids are taking a nap, after swimming in the pool all morning.

I found a house near spring hill and us19. Should be making an offer next week if it checks out at inspection

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.