A partition just disappeared

Hi, I tried to help a friend recovering an external disk that was unrecognizable and used partition magic 8 (which I didn't use for a long time but has helped me in the past). First thing partition magic said was that I needed to fix the disk (which I thought it was the external) a I said yes. After that one of my partitions disappeared from my computer. Using EaseUS I can see the partition but it has an * instead of the drive letter. When I do "check partition" I see all the files inside but I cannot access them. I tried disk management but it sais it is not up-to-date and doesn let me do anything (like changing the drive letter). Then I tried diskpart but it doesn recognize that partition. I didnt want to loose all the information on that drive by formatting it, assuming that was a solution.
I have windows 7 ultimate and that partition is from the disk that has my operating system.
Can someone help me?
Thanks

Thanks, I have used both of those programs and I dont see any option to recover partition. I have tried change leter drive, check partition and explore partition. Can you be more especific?
Thanks again.

Hi reseacherpt
check this screenshot. you can get to recover partition . try that to fix .
upload_2016-6-22_16-6-2.png

Attachments

• upload_2016-6-22_16-5-15.png
    upload_2016-6-22_16-5-15.png
    74 KB · Views: 2
Back