A question about free antivirus/antispyware programs

learninmypc

Is it possible to set them up to scan automatically on an XP system? Avast,Mbam,SAS, for example? TIA

I use AVG Free, and the default setting is to do an automatic scan, you can choose the interval. I'm reasonably sure the the other programs would provide the same options. I've never seen an AV program that didn't offer an automatic scan, free or otherwise.

BTW, Mbam is NOT an AV program, it's anti-malware.. Most free strictly anti malware programs do NOT actively monitor the system, but all AV programs do.

Not from me, you haven't. It's worked very well, almost flawlessly even.

No,I didn't say from you. I've had to remove it from 4 or 5 pc's because the owner(s) told me it was bogging down their pc or for other reasons I don't remember.
At one time in my life I too had it but had update problems with it so I dumped it & went with Avast & been very happy since.

Throwing microsoft security essentials in to the hat, Easy to use, lightweight, auto update and scan.

And free ofc :)

I've actually been switching a lot of my machines (personal and second job machines) over to MSE as well. I was using Avast for a while, but as MSE has improved I've gone ahead and switched over.

I've actually been switching a lot of my machines (personal and second job machines) over to MSE as well. I was using Avast for a while, but as MSE has improved I've gone ahead and switched over.

If my Avast ever has a problem, MSE will be my 1st choice.:)

Back