TechSpot

A question about running World of Warcraft..

By Regulus
Dec 31, 2005
  1. I'm thinking about buying a new Laptop for myself for College. One of the big debates for me is if the Laptop will run World of Warcraft, and how well it will run it.

Here's a link to the Lappy..

http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=333345&pfp=BROWSE

All the specs are on the lower portion of the page. I was planning on bumping it up to 2 GB's of memory right off the bat ((If somebody could link me to a good deal of two 1 GB Memory sticks for the Lappy, that'd be swell. ))

Anywho.

Can the badboy run WoW? How well can it run WoW? Can I upgrade the video card if I'd like to?

Thanks in Advance!

- Regulus

2. beerabuser30

beerabuser30 TS Enthusiast Posts: 200

It could but it would be slow.

3. Regulus

Regulus TS Rookie Topic Starter

Erm..

Nothing else? Maybe How I could help it run smoother?

4. Need_a_Dell

Need_a_Dell TS Rookie Posts: 44

You could purchase a new stick of ram. You can never have too much ram, and from what I can see, this laptop will support up to 2 gigs of it!:D Also look into upgrading the vid card. ATI and nVidia both supply mobile gaming GPUs. The card you have right now is an integrated chipset which is alright for little games, but WoW is a little more on the intense side. (You do however have 128mb of video ram which is alright for an integrated GPU.) But if you want your laptop to be tip-top, go for the increase in ram and a new GPU. (If you can afford it.)

5. beerabuser30

beerabuser30 TS Enthusiast Posts: 200

I have a real nice laptop and it ran it fine just very slow compared to a desktop. Get a good video card but as much ram as possible. When running it cutting down on processes helps a lot, especially with ventrilo or teamspeak.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.