A Question Concerning SLI and drivers installation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings all. I would like your help with something. After i have installed Windows XP Pro SP2 and after i have installed the nforce drivers for my motherboard and after rebooting, Windows find 2 gfx cards and asks me if i want to install drivers from a CD or if i want to let Windows search for them etc etc.

(My two Geforce 7950 GT 512 are connected with the sli connector and they are installed in the correct slots in the motherboard.)

How do i now install the 91.74 drivers for example? Separately for each card since Windows asks me two times to install drivers for each new card they find OR only one time as i have done so far for the PCs i had with only one gfx card?

You see when i tell Windows NOT to do anything and i try to install the 91.74 drivers myself after the self extraction is complete i get an error msg and then the installation cancels.

Could you please write a step by step guide like info of how i can manage to make my new rig to work?

Thanks.

Core 2 Duo 6800
Asus P5N32 SLI Premium
2 GB Kingston Ram
2xMsi Geforce 7950 GT 512
XP Pro SP 2
Tagan 900w

PS: Complete noob when comes down to SLI configurations.

Go to www.nvidia.com and download the drivers manualy if you havent already... if that is why you get error messages let Windows download it for you, Also make sure your SLi bridge is connected correctly and the videocards are both inside the slots fully and not moving around because they could get Disconnected at some point

Also.... Welcome to Techspot! ;)

Thanks for the welcome to the forums and thanks for your reply, but what you say seems not to be the problem. The MSI CD has the 91.45 unpacked, if i let Windows get the drivers from the CD everything works fine. BUT when i uninstall the 91.45 reboot and try to use the 91.47 from nvidia site i always get an error during the installation. When i take out the second card and the SLI bridge and try to install the 91.47 in a single card i get the same error!!!

PS: I might doing something wrong during the installation of drivers after the installation of Windows. I mean after a fresh installation of Windows i install the nforce motherboard drivers then i reboot. After that i might doing something wrong since i have never before had an SLi system. Windows finds first the gfx card A and asks for drivers for it and then if i click cancel to that panel it finds the gfx card b and again it asks for drivers i click cancel there as well and then i try to install the 91.47, i might doing something wrong and because of that when i try to install the 91.47 drives, it finds two gfx cards it doesnt know to which to install the drivers and hence cancels the installation.

Try the 93.71s. The 91.47s may not support the card, and the 91.45s may have been modded by MSI.

Just checked the release notes for v91.47 and your card isn't listed. It is listed in v93.71.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back