TechSpot

A question regarding my firewall

By gingerbill
Oct 2, 2003
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dont know if im in the right forum for this :).

I use tiny personal firewall and have 512k cable connection through ntl to the net . Whenver im not using the net , either using my computer for work or playing single player games i keep getting this same message from my firewall-

"details-Someone from 65.57.163.73, port 32789 wants to send UDP datagram to port 1026 owned by 'Generic Host Process for Win32 Services' on your computer"

"c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe"

I get it about once every 30-60 minutes and always choose to deny it . I know i could set up a rule to automatically deny it , but i havent always got my firewall on . Anyone have any idea what this message is all about?? who/who's trying to send something to my computer??

2. Nodsu

Nodsu TS Rookie Posts: 9,431

3. gingerbill

gingerbill TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 171   +12

Thanks for the reply . I disabled the messenger several months ago after getting some advice from this forum , so i no longer get the pop ups . Now i just get this hit on my firewall . Thing is i turn my firewall off to play online games , so i am paranoid that somehing could happen then .

4. RealBlackStuff

RealBlackStuff TS Rookie Posts: 8,165

It looks you you have been traced for illegally copied music by the RIAA/MPAA
    The IP-address you mention is:
    ByeByeAds NetBIOS Spammer:65.57.163.73

for more details, see http://www.boycott-riaa.com/article/7203

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.