TechSpot

A rather nervous introduction

By Ironoak
Nov 30, 2007
  1. Hi all.
    I've been reading some of the posts after I registrered (thread startups) and realized I might be on the wrong information site. Don't get me wrong, most of this stuff is amazing. But that's what makes me a little nervous about joining in. I don't think I have anything to offer anyone. I'd hate to just take. Also, the guy that posted the glorious first post, is now banned 8O.
    If I ask semingly very simple questions, is it worth your time to deal with it? or should I just stick to buying new perephery everytime I have a problem. I did try some of the responses to some existing threads and found I could follow the advice, but it really seems like everyone has something to offer as well. If this intro makes no sense, please ban me now. I'll wait to see what someone has to say about my intro before I begin posting questions.
    P.S. They are very 101 questions, and the quote about not just thanking a soldier to prove your patriotic couldn't be more true in todays PR flag waving country.

If it doesn't work out, Im still gonna try to piggy back your threads ;)

2. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 10,714   +397

Don't be nervous. Everyone starts out knowing less than they do later on. I joined this forum back in December 1999 before ordering my first custom PC. Since then I've built more for myself and others than I can remember.

Best bet is to answer what you can, lag back on the ones you can't. If you agree with someone's answer but think the original poster could use some more clairification then hop in saying you agree with whoever, but wish to add something else.

Don't worry about being banned, you have to seriously screw up, repeatedly to get that. And you'll know well in advance if you are on that path.

But to get you off to a good start, I'd suggest reading (or at least skimming) the link in my signature.

3. Daveskater

Daveskater Banned Posts: 1,687

Hello, Ironoak, and welcome to Techspot :wave:

Please take a moment to read the following threads to make your experience here as enjoyable as possible :)

Message for all newcomers

SNGX1275's Guide to making a good post/thread

The Techspot FAQ

If you could take a minute to fill in some of your profile information that would be helpful to all members of the forum :)
    Knowing someone's location in the world can be extremely helpful, even if you just put a country.

Also remember to post any problems or questions that you have in the appropriate forums

It's good to meet you and i hope you enjoy it here :)

Don't worry about asking simple questions, there's no such thing as a stupid question here, i like to think anyway ;) There's a lot to know and you can't be expected to know everything.

4. hamas123

hamas123 TS Maniac Posts: 482

SNGX is right, and techspot was the first forum i joined and i was a bit nervous aswell. But now i'm alright and keep posting here and there :D

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.