A rather unique driver problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaos Punk

Hello all, i have a driver issue that I think is rather unique. I have been searching for weeks to try and find out how to get my sound driver to reinstall after upgrading to XP from W2000. It seems I have a SoundMAX onbaord sound card in the mother board. I attempted to find the right driver for it and when I finally found it, the .exe file that installs it runs into an error saying it can't comeplete the installation due to an issue with another driver (or so it seems.) Here is an exact quote of what it says: "Fatal Error - Cannot find driver!" If that isn't exact its close enough. Does anyone know what my issue could be? I have been going without out sound for a while, but now, I can't even play some games becouse they require sound cards. Im at wits end here, can anyone help?

Is the device you are trying to use compatible with XP? Please post specs.

Actually, im not sure. I thought as long as you had the driver, you should be good right? I have a pc that was designed for Windows 95 (its and ANCIENT pc) but its good enough to run games and stuff. I'm running Windows XP SP2 and both my video and sound cards are on board my Intel 845g chipset family motherboard.

See this is where my issue is unique. i have already downloaded the needed driver, I just can't install it, I'll post a screeny of what happens.

Other than trying the above added link
By chance is this a branded computer? (like Hp; Asus or something?) if so please provide the Manufacture and model number

Other than trying the above added link
By chance is this a branded computer? (like Hp; Asus or something?) if so please provide the Manufacture and model number

Gateway, im not sure of any other details. Oh, and i just realized that on the pc, it says "Designed for Windows XP". the MONITER said Windows 95. But oddly enough, Windows 2000 was originally installed on it. Anyway, where can I find a model no.?

heres what it says exactly:
"Severe - Driver not found! Reboot your system, and run this set up again."

Ive rebooted countless times. and can someone refreshe my memory, how do you take screenies again?

I did, and Gateway says something about it doesn't handle product support for my model anymore. Back where I started now.

Sorry if Intel and Gateway both don't have it
Then other than trying a MS Windows update (minimum SP2) Then please purchase either a new updated compatible sound card. Or a newer computer

Have a nice day :)

Sorry if Intel and Gateway both don't have it
Then other than trying a MS Windows update (minimum SP2) Then please purchase either a new updated compatible sound card. Or a newer computer

Have a nice day :)

Yea, I feared I might have to do this, thanks much for the help though. I think it may have gotten me closer to finding it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back