A second OnePlus phone is coming in 2015

Gabe Carey

Speaking with USA Today, OnePlus co-founder Carl Pei has confirmed the release of a second smartphone in 2015. Supplementing the OnePlus 2, which launched just last week as a self-proclaimed "2016 flagship killer", Pei confirms this new handset will arrive "before the end of the year. Hopefully for Christmas."

In comparison to the OnePlus 2, Pei wasn't clear on whether the forthcoming device would boast higher specs than the current model.

"When I saw the prototype for that phone," Pei explains, "I was like 'Holy shit', that's going to be my daily driver', but then when the OnePlus 2 production version came out it's also super nice, so it's really hard to decide now what to use."

Presently, the OnePlus 2 has garnered the interest of over a million potential customers through its arduous invite system, which requires an invitation from either a current OnePlus 2 owner or by participation in contests and promotions.

The OnePlus 2 is scheduled to start shipping in August, beginning at a modest $329 for a 16GB version, with a $389 64GB SKU also available, no contract required. Previously, the Chinese startup oversaw the transactions of 1.5 million units with its predecessor, the OnePlus One, introduced in April of last year.

While OnePlus has recently become widely known to offer high-end smartphones at a reasonable price, the 25-year-old co-founder told The Verge yesterday that "That's never been the goal. The goal has been to just think about the best user experience and make it happen."

Permalink to story.

Will this new phone be better than the I-phone 06 or just another nice phone for AT&T -Virizon or for everyone like Blue wireless or cricket users ?

Back