A "Service control manager error"

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry to bombard you all with al these different errors at once but I hope that again you will be able to help me out.

in the eventvwr i am also getting this:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Service Control Manager
Event Category: None
Event ID: 7023
Date: 12/31/2006
Time: 8:14:47 PM
User: N/A
Computer: STEVE
Description:
The Application Management service terminated with the following error:
The specified module could not be found.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

the support link reads:
Details
Product: Windows Operating System
Event ID: 7023
Source: Service Control Manager
Version: 5.0
Component: System Event Log
Symbolic Name: EVENT_SERVICE_EXIT_FAILED
Message: The %1 service terminated with the following error:
%2

Explanation
The specified service stopped unexpectedly with the error indicated in the message. The service closed safely.

User Action
To troubleshoot the error:

Review the error information displayed in the message.
To display the WIN32_EXIT_CODE error that SCM encountered, at the command prompt, type
sc query service name
The information displayed can help you troubleshoot possible causes for the error.

Version: 5.2
Symbolic Name: EVENT_SERVICE_EXIT_FAILED
Message: The %1 service terminated with the following error:
%2

Explanation
The specified service stopped unexpectedly with the error indicated in the message. The service closed safely.

User Action
To troubleshoot the error:

Review the error information displayed in the message.
To display the WIN32_EXIT_CODE error that SCM encountered, at the command prompt, type
sc query service name
The information displayed can help you troubleshoot possible causes for the error.

i have no clue as to what i need to search for nor where. Again thanks in advance for the help!

"This issue may occur if the server is infected with the Code Red worm or a variant."

You might be infected with this virus...

"Some of the services controlled by Service Control Manager (SCM) depend on other services running successfully before they can operate. In this case, a required service was not running, which prevented the service that depended on it from starting."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back