A short HJT related rant

Spike

I really am sick of posting the same two instructions to follow information in the same two stickies that people should be reading anyway, BEFORE posting their HJT logs.

I also hate the way that when searching google for a file name, hundreds of HJT logs show up before you are able to find any real reference to the file you're searching for.

Posting HJT logs as attachments isn't hard, and so why is it that even when people are instructed not to, they STILL spam the forums (and the internet as a whole) with reams and reams of HJT log entries!?!?

I love HJT. It's a great and incredibly useful tool. I just wish that people would listen. :rolleyes:

Ah well.

Once and for all, if people read it, Please READ the stickies at the top of forums before posting your threads. They are there for a reason.

/end rant

Ok, now that I've got that out of my system, I'll drift of back to the shadows for a bit.

...I know your pain! Sure has been many of those threads recently. Maybe Julio can make it to where new members would be forced to read that sticky before proceeding! Or take a pop quiz or something. lol......

Maybe there should be a rule that says that anybody being asked to follow a sticky and not dong so can't expect further help? lol

I agree with all of you!
If people want HJT-help from ME in future, I will 'force' them to post attachments, no more cut-and-paste.
If they don't edit their posts, delete their initial HJT-logs and re-post them as attachments, I will NOT help them anymore.

I'll make corresponding changes in the How to... stickies.
But not today, because today is SUMMER in Ireland! and that might be over tomorrow!

Here in wales too.

Sad as it is to say though, it's far too hot and sticky here at the moment. It's acctually cooler indoors than out!

Back