TechSpot

A "Thank you" system?

By Rage_3K_Moiz
Jun 23, 2009
Post New Reply
  1. I was just wondering if we could have a "Thank You" system of sorts, the kind implemented on the techpowerup! forums.

I don't see any abuse issues like the previous rep system we had in place, but you guys would know better about that I suppose.

Still, do you think it's feasible?

2. ChrisDown

ChrisDown TS Rookie Posts: 125

I've always been curious about what rep systems are trying to achieve, but a thank you system sounds good. That said, I don't see why people couldn't just thank people in thread with a bit of explanation instead of simply clicking a button.

3. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 6,577   +344

The idea is to accumulate such stats on every user profile. Definitely not a bad idea and I have seen it working on other boards, just that we haven't had as much success here with that kind of thing.

4. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Posts: 4,265   +42

I remember the last time we did that, "the karma" system or something like that. It was ok, but didnt go as intended. Just make it simple i guess, if you're going to do it.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.