Inactive [A] Trojan infection crypt.aqwl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I have been reading some of the other threads about this infection and I was going to follow some of the advice given there. But I decided to post my own request for help because one of the advisors said not to follow advice given to someone else. This is my partner's PC and I'm trying to help as he doesn't understand computers and will not be able to follow the instructions.

AVG Antivirus comes up with an alert several times an hour now with the infection crypt.aqwl and says it's in the Windows\System32\drivers\serials folder. But it can't get rid of it although it says healed - ten minutes later another alert pops up. It causes browser pop-ups or redirects in both IE and Firefox. I have just uninstalled Firefox now anyway due to some unwanted extensions and add-ons that were there - don't know if this was accidental or intrusive. The other problem is the computer crashes at random. It just shuts down right in the middle of operation - no blue screen, just shuts down and then reboots itself.

I have already run TDSKiller, Superantispyware, Malwarebytes Antimalware, Rootrepeal, MGTools and Combofix (all separately of course and I uninstalled AVG before doing so as well). I got this instruction off another forum - Majorgeeks.com - where they have this as a sticky post. None of it worked and none of the programmes picked up this trojan - SAS picked up one by another name but not this one.

I would really appreciate some help in getting rid of this as my partner really needs his PC (he's a writer so lost without it !). Obviously I understand that if someone is good enough to help me, I will follow their instructions only.

Thanks in advance for reading.
Jules

Welcome aboard
yahooo.gif

Please, complete all steps listed here: https://www.techspot.com/community/...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/
Make sure, you PASTE all logs. If some log exceeds 50,000 characters post limit, split it between couple of replies.
Attached logs won't be reviewed.

Please, observe following rules:
  • Read all of my instructions very carefully. Your mistakes during cleaning process may have very serious consequences, like unbootable computer.
  • If you're stuck, or you're not sure about certain step, always ask before doing anything else.
  • Please refrain from running tools or applying updates other than those I suggest.
  • Never run more than one scan at a time.
  • Keep updating me regarding your computer behavior, good, or bad.
  • The cleaning process, once started, has to be completed. Even if your computer appears to act better, it may still be infected. Once the computer is totally clean, I'll certainly let you know.
  • If you leave the topic without explanation in the middle of a cleaning process, you may not be eligible to receive any more help in malware removal forum.
  • I close my topics if you have not replied in 5 days. If you need more time, simply let me know. If I closed your topic and you need it to be reopened, simply PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back