A versatile way to tackle any electronics repairs: the iFixit Driver Kit

TS Dealmaster

Staff member

If you’ve ever tried to repair consumer electronics on your own, you’ve almost certainly run into the nightmare that comes from using standard issue tools, like your everyday Phillips screwdriver. Most electronics -- from handheld devices to larger units like gaming consoles -- come sporting their own specialized fasteners. This makes just getting inside your device a fairly significant challenge.

Plan now for your next electronics repair with the handy iFixit 64-Bit Screwdriver Kit, your access key for getting inside a host of today’s most popular smartphones, game consoles, and other small electronics.

While the iFixit kit comes sporting all the tried-and-true screwdriver bits like multiple Phillips and flathead sizes, that’s just the tip of the iceberg. Dig into its massive bit set, and you’ll find tips that’ll get you around most of the trickier screws and fasteners you’ll encounter, including Torx, Pentalobe, Hex and Tri-point screws.

Along with a full set of bits, the iFixit also packs two other items for the do-it-yourselfer: a 150mm flexible extension for getting to hard-to-reach hidden screws; and a SIM card eject tool that’ll help you dislodge a SIM card from your phone without wrecking your device. You won’t realize how invaluable these little helpers are until you have them.

Get the iFixit 64-Bit Screwdriver Kit right now at $34.95 - 30% off its regular price - in the TechSpot Store while the offer lasts.

Permalink to story.

"It’s available now for just $434.95 - 30% off - in the TechSpot Store."

For that price it better make me coffee in the morning and dinner when I come home from work. Cool kit regardless of the typo.

"It’s available now for just $434.95 - 30% off - in the TechSpot Store."

For that price it better make me coffee in the morning and dinner when I come home from work. Cool kit regardless of the typo.
And I wouldn't blame you for asking, thanks for noting the typo. (y)

Another good set that I've found. I liked better than previous iFixit sets for the price is Nanch.

Nanch Precision Screwdriver Set 23-pieces, its only a 23 piece set, but the bits are longer which helps for different applications. This really is an addition to the iFixit set, in case the iFixit drivers arent long enough. You can google search for it, I wont post it on here but the set is only $25.99 right now. I believe I paid $30 for mine.

Also, I purchased this set since seeing this article.

Back