TechSpot

A VERY strange music situation

By learninmypc
Jun 26, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. The easiest way to describe this is to say I "had" tunes on my laptop which I transfered from my W7 via a USB flashdrive. The folder & tunes have long since been deleted & recycling bin emptied & the Vista has been defragged at least twice, yet when I recently installed iTunes to transfer contents from one iPhone to the other one, the tunes I "had" on here, mysteriously showed up in iTunes. How ??
    NO, I never had the tunes on the iPhone. Its a mystery to me but I bet sonmeone here has an answer. :)
  2. Cobalt006

Cobalt006 TS Maniac Posts: 1,823   +181

They were most likely stored in Itunes it self. IF you use your accounts pass word and username. It most like brought them back .
  3. learninmypc

learninmypc TS Evangelist Topic Starter Posts: 5,233   +232

But if you remember, I had Data Execution program problems & used REVO to remove iTunes from my Vista. I though revo removed EVERYTHING? ??
  4. Cobalt006

Yes it would have removed from the computer. But if you have a account with Itunes. it would still be there in the account.
  5. learninmypc

No account at itunes when I had those tunes.
    I only used iTunes this times just to make the transfer which was successful. Then yes, I did have to sign in to my iphone acct. :confused:
  6. Cobalt006

Some Accounts have a habit of storing programs The only way to get rid of such things. Is to delete them from the account its self. This is the only thing I can think of. I have a few accounts that do this. Which is pretty nice to a point. If I do not have the stuff on my computer. I know I can get it back from my account.

When you had Itunes in your computer . Did you sign up for it.?
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2014
  7. learninmypc

Originally no. I simply downloaded it from TS & it played the tunes I mentioned above. Then I started having that Data Execution problem & used revo to get rid of itunes. As I said, its confusing.
    I only redownloaded it to back up my other iPhone. Can we say strange :)
  8. learninmypc

@Cobalt006 , I did some googling last night trying to find out how to save my itunes tunes but when (imo) it failed, I said the heck with it & used revo to uninstall itunes. Shut the laptop down over night & then figured I'd reinstall it. But this morning I clicked Start & typed in iTunes>Enter & up popped a box.I followed the path & :Dfound the tunes so I saved them to a flashdrive & deleted them from the "Original" location".
    Rebooted & did another search for iTunes & came up with nothing. :)
    So, I came back in here & downloaded iTunes again & when it asked if I wanted to search for tunes, I clicked yes, knowing they were gone. Or I thought they were. :confused:
    Where they came from I have no idea. The mystery remains. iTunes is a VERY strange program. :) Thanks & have a lovely day. :):D
  9. Cobalt006

My guess is that some where they are stored, But where we may never know. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;)
  10. learninmypc

Very good point. I wish somebody in here knew.
    One last question I have, since they play in iTunes on my pc, can they be played in or by the Music app on my iPhone? :)
  11. Cobalt006

Yes. You should.
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2014

12. learninmypc

This is odd, on my iPhone you replied & said "Yes. There should be a app you can download. From Itune store. Not sure how you would get it from a Iphone. But you can get it thru Goodle store on my phone."
    Yet in here, I see nothing of that post. Is it a full moon? :)
  13. learninmypc

Maybe I'll check it out. Thanks. :)
  14. Cobalt006

Sorry I read your post wrong the first time. I had thought you wanted to know if you could get a app. Then when I read it again. I noticed you wanted to know if you could use your app on your phone. So no there is no full moon LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!:)
  15. learninmypc

Ok, thank you for the explanation. :)

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.