Inactive A virus may be trying to gain entry by mimicing a security app

Status
Not open for further replies.

macx

I've got a long term subscription to SUPERantispyware and it does it's update thing automatically and regularly, and there have been a couple of version updates over the last year or so.

All of a sudden, I'm getting a notice every time I start my computer that there's supposedly another new version update for it, but it looks suspicious. The first time it came up I didn't think much of it and downloaded it. Soon after I was notified by Avira I had a virus, which I promptly got rid of.

I then noticed that behind this suspicious notification, I see what appears to be part of the WOT warning symbol.

I've got a Print Screen shot of it on Photobucket here

http://s719.photobucket.com/albums/ww200/macx351/Misc/?action=view&current=SAS.jpg

I'm thinking it's not legit and I would like this window to quit popping up every time I start up.

Any suggestions?

I right clicked and didn't see anything I could use to block it.
I use Firefox with a bunch of the popular security add-ons.

It looks similar to legit updater but yours seems to have a header missing:

p4496689.gif

=======================================================================

Please, complete all steps listed here: https://www.techspot.com/community/...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/
Make sure, you PASTE all logs. If some log exceeds 50,000 characters post limit, split it between couple of replies.
Attached logs won't be reviewed.

Please, observe following rules:
  • Read all of my instructions very carefully. Your mistakes during cleaning process may have very serious consequences, like unbootable computer.
  • If you're stuck, or you're not sure about certain step, always ask before doing anything else.
  • Please refrain from running tools or applying updates other than those I suggest.
  • Never run more than one scan at a time.
  • Keep updating me regarding your computer behavior, good, or bad.
  • The cleaning process, once started, has to be completed. Even if your computer appears to act better, it may still be infected. Once the computer is totally clean, I'll certainly let you know.
  • If you leave the topic without explanation in the middle of a cleaning process, you may not be eligible to receive any more help in malware removal forum.
  • I close my topics if you have not replied in 5 days. If you need more time, simply let me know. If I closed your topic and you need it to be reopened, simply PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back