A virus named Newfolder.exe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi
There is a virus on my hard disk . At first it was in "My Documents " .

I cant delet it . I can see it as a folder and its name is "Newfolder" and its size is 104kb.and its extention is Newfolder.EXE .
When I click on it , it opens "My Documents" .

When I delet, another Newfolder makes again .

When I go to every folder on my computer it copies itself on them.And if you click on it everywhere on hard disk it opens "My Docments"

Ive Installed NortonAntivirus and olso BitDefender but none of them could find and detect it .

I think also the speed of my computer has decreased .My OS is WINXP SP2 .

Please help me how can I remove that .

Regards,
Rasool Derakhshan

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Installing more than one antivirus programme will slow your system down, not to mention Norton is one of the biggest resource hogging programmes around.

I recommend you uninstall Norton asap.

As for your problems, it`s possible that an antivirus programme won`t get rid of it.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT and AVG Antispyware logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

P.s. I have moved this thread to our security and the web forum.

This thread is for the use of rasoolshan only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Hi !
Thank you very much for your help.I did uninstal my NortonAntivirus and also BitDefender .

I have instaled AVG Antivirus and it detects the virus at first scan easily and deleted all of them.The virus category was " Trojan horse Generic.HUQ " .

It had 10 infected file on my Windows partition and at all 150 infected files on my hard disk and AVG whiped all of the virus files.

I thank you for your help and I wish every success for you .If I can do anything for you please let me know .

Best regards,
Rasool Derakhshan

The virus named NewFolder.exe

Hi ,
I have installed AVG antivirus and it detected and removed that virus easily .

Regards
Rasoul Derakhshan

Hello rasoolshan and habeeb_ongc and welcome to TechSpot.

Thanks for your advice Rasoul, but it is very possible that there is other malware residing on his system as well.

For that reason, habeeb_ongc, I recommend that you open a new thread in our Security and the Web forum, detailing your problem. Somebody will help you with it there.

Regards :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back