TechSpot

a way to save time

By Petros
Jun 29, 2005
  1. I bought 20 PC's for the company. I know have to install several programs such as office, networks, emails, other company programs etc. is there a way to copy the hard drive from one computer to another or do i have to do every computer seperately?

2. Nodsu

Nodsu TS Rookie Posts: 5,837   +6

It is called disk cloning and you can do it with no problem if the computers are identical.
    Unless you are prepared to cough up the cash for a commercial solution you will want to look at free programs called g4u and udpcast.

3. Petros

Petros TS Rookie Topic Starter

thanks

thanks. i would appreciate it if you'd given me more info about disc cloning.

4. Nodsu

Nodsu TS Rookie Posts: 5,837   +6

What do you want to know?

Disk cloning is a process where the contents of one hard drive or partition are copied verbatim to another hard drive or partition.

Look up these programs. There are step by step instruction on the homepages how to clone your machines.

5. tdeg

tdeg TS Rookie Posts: 119

6. patio

patio TS Maniac Posts: 482

You can also use the HDD manufacturers utilities to do this as well...their utilities have come a long way and actually work rather well.
    Another fine program for this would be Acronis' True Image...

patio. :cool:

7. mikescorpio81

mikescorpio81 TS Rookie Posts: 293

I'd use Norton Ghost 4 sure ... easiest.

Although u could clone ... but wouldn't that take longer?

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.