A windows update type of thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

top_model_guy

Ever since the day I downloaded a zipped sims 2 university (which didn't work), a windows update box constantly appears in my hidden icons area, even when I say install updates it comes back when I start my web connection or if I turn my computer on after not installing updates it starts with my start up. In my task manager it is under my user name as wuauclt.exe and ending that process does not help it instantly comes back. I've done many scans and still it stays. Yesterday I was suggested to do a trend micro housecall and that deleted alot of things but still my problem is here, and to add it found (MS00-034) Office 2000 UA Control Vulnerability and (MS01-028) RTF Document Linked to Template Can Run Macros Without Warning, and was not able to delete them. So any help whatsoever is appreciated.

Thanks. :D

If wuauclt.exe is in c:\windows\System32 folder,which it seems to be,then that is Windows automatic updater.You can configure that in the control panel.I suggest you go to the Windows update website- http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/ and have it scan your system.That might inform you about the last two things you mentioned as well.BTW you don`t need these either-

C:\Program Files\PeoplePC\ISP6100\Browser\bartshel.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\PeoplePC\ISP6100\Browser\PPShared.exe

Its not really a good idea to Download programs like the sims or anyother zipped video, Most of the time they dont work and come with tons of virus's or trojans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back