TechSpot

A10 5800K $379 Complete Computer Bundle

By GhostRyder
Oct 22, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Ok, I saw this today as a bundle deal on neweggs shell shocker. Now this is a steal of a deal for a computer in general that has decent expandability and using just the built in GPU on the APU for light gaming.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.1465035

A10 5800K 3.8-4.1
    IN WIN Micro ATX Tower
    Biostar Hi-Fi A85X Board
    Raidmax Hybrid 530Watt PSU
    Crucial Ballistix 8gb 1x8gb 1600 DDR3
    Seagate Barracuda 1tb 7200RPM Drive
    Free Games: SimCity and Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon

Now this is a nice entry level machine on a budget, honestly making anything close to this level will cost a lot more. With the multiplier unlocked on the Chip, you can buy an aftermarket cooler to overclock, there is 1 PCI-E 2.0 lane for adding a GPU later, a good solid Harddrive with 1tb, a 530 watt PSU will be enough for expanding later, and its a decent case. The only real thing I would upgrade, would be a second stick of ram later for dual channel!

In fact, the only thing missing you might want is a DvD drive (well that and a copy of whatever OS you want).

Ends tonight at Midnight, grab it while its hot!

cliffordcooley likes this.
  2. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 8,443   +220

According to the email notice I received from Newegg, as a Shell Shocker deal this should be good only from 12:00 am to 9:59 am PT today.

3. GhostRyder

GhostRyder TS Evangelist Topic Starter Posts: 2,223   +528

Hmm, odd its still listed as a shell shocker deal right now at the same price.

4. mailpup

It would be interesting to see if someone could still buy it even after the nominal expiration of the deal.

As you know shell shocker deals only last a few hours each day. When one deal expires, another takes over. Could be a glitch in their system.

5. GhostRyder

Huh, I always assumed they went for the whole day until that days deals were removed because the price and deal is valid throughout the day. Ive purchased something before after its shell shocker time slot was up and it was at the price of the shell shocker. I just put this in my cart and went as far as the actually confirming payment (Just did not confirm) and with shipping (minus the 10 buck rebate) it was $391 still.

6. mailpup

If you subscribe to Newegg emails (as I do), the shell shocker notices spell out the time limitations on each of the listed deals, such as 9:00 a.m. to 11:59 a.m. and then the next might be 12:00 p.m. to 2:59 p.m. It varies depending on how many deals are offered. Weekends there may be fewer deals each day.

Maybe they aren't enforcing the limits very strictly. If so, great.

7. GhostRyder

Ah, did not know, I do have newegg sending me emails though they don't send me anything about shell shocker items.

8. mailpup

I receive a shell shocker email every day. It arrives a short time after midnight PT. I don't remember what, if anything, I did to subscribe to the shell shocker notices in particular.

Do you have items in a wishlist? I also get notifications if items on my wishlist go on sale (though not shell shocker deals). Check your account and see what you are subscribed to under "manage subscriptions."

9. GhostRyder

Ah cool, good to know, I had been wondering how to do something like that. Thanks, I normally don't mess with the wishlist, I just read daily and see if anything ive had my eye on is on sale.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.