A7N8X-E Deluxe

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlanH

Hi Guys,
I have tried everything and still cant manage to get this to work, I have an Athlon XP 3200+ that I have to run at 2800+ because otherwise my computer randomly reboots, I have: Format and reinstalled, Changed to a bigger fan, Tried fan supplied with the cpu as well as an akasa and coolermaster one, applied several types of thermal compound and tested each, reseated cpu, flashed bios... I know 90% says its the board fault, but asus want me to pay £24 p&p to send the board to them for 4 weeks for repair which is a bit ridiculous, wouldn't you agree??

Yeah, 3200+ processor that I have to run at 2800+ because of the gay board, only getting 1.8ghz so im losing a whole 400mhz!!

Its not that bad, I have a 2500+ that (safely) runs at 1.83GHz and the highest overclock I can do is to 3200+ like you. Again, like yours, it restarts the computer when its running. You have a few options though to keep that from happening:

1. New heatsync
2. Place some fans facing at the heatsync to aid in cooling
3. Since mine is unstable at 3200+ manually override the core speed and set it to 182mhz, that will give your comp a boost to 2.0GHz flat and it will not require any additional support (fans, heatsyncs, etc).

I myself haven't been able to keep my processor running smoothly at 3200+ unless I jumped the voltage to 1.8 and thats not safe for the mobo.

I am not overclocking tho, Its a genuine 3200+... there is a fault on the board, tried new heatsyncs, and its still unstable, it is meant to run as a 3200+ becuase thats what it is...

What wattage is your power supply? That could easily be the problem. Oh yeah and if you don't have any case fans put some in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back