A7N8X Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

sngx_father

Ok, I'm thinking about getting the A7N8X cause i've heard so many good things about it. My question is, should I get the Deluxe board or the standard?

I know the standard has the nForce2 MCP (which only has software based sound decoding) and the Deluxe has the nForce2 MCP-T which is full hardware sound decoding. I'm wondering if that's worth $30 (on NewEgg) or not? I do have a SoundBlaster Live 5.1 lying around (even though i hate it) so i guess i could just use that and save $30.

Are there any other differences between the two versions? Or has anyone had any issues with the standard A7N8X?

The A7N8x Deluxe/Gold has onboard RAID, dual LAN, FireWire, Serial ATA, and ASUS SoundStorm, which is actually the MCP-T; and the stripped A7N8x does not. There may be some more, but that's all I know off the top of my head. I think it's worth the $30, even with only the SoundStorm. If you have an Audigy...well...ASUS' onboard sound is actually better :haha: It's true 24bit/96kHz, and has on-the-fly 5.1 decoding. You should really get the Deluxe, IMHO.

Get the Deluxe if you have 5.1 speakers. It does DD encoding on the fly. Great for games! My first one was DOA. You'll also need RAM known to work with the board. Corsair TwinX is tested in matched pairs in dual channel node with the A7N8X. It also prefers a strong power supply like an Antec 430W or better.

No, you really don't need a 430W PSU. For anything except a large amount of hard drives, dual CPUs, or things like that. Tarkus, your current system would do fine with a 350W PSU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back