A7N8X-VM BIOS issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Page2564

I am putting a computer together for my roomate with an A7N8X-VM 400 motherboard and I am stuck. It had the 402 BIOS installed, the not needed XP stuff turned off, and a bunch of programs installed. All I had left to do was update the BIOS to the 1003 because I had heard that there were some issues with the 1002 BIOS and some newer games? I have not seen that info here so I wish I had found this place sooner, but there was some issue with the Asusupdate tool or a bad BIOS download. Now it wont even start the POST. All the the fans startup, all the drives spin up, but the onboard video will not send a signal out. I put in a working video card and it still wont work. I hooked the display to my computer and it works fine. If any of you guys know anything that might help please let me know.

Is there a jumper on the mobo with which to switch the onboard video on/off?

You could also try it with either a PCI or an AGP graphics card. One of them is bound to work.

Good idea!

I should have thought to check for a jumper when I was trying the PCI & AGP video cards. I checked the Motherboard and could not find a jumper that I didn't know what it was for. I checked there site and the motherboard user guide and there was no jumper. Thank you anyway, I think I am just going to send it back... I hate it when a computer beats me.

from what you say about bad BIOS download or "something", sounds like you hosed the BIOS, you might try force flashing the BIOS by using the flash file from a bootable floppy rather than using the updater app from within Windows. Occasionally force flashing a damaged BIOS can fix it.

Thanks for the info guys
RealBlackStuff: I pulled a working PCI card from my dad's working box and it did not work in mine, and I pulled an AGP card from my old computer (It still works, just not as good as my new one) and it did not work any more.

StormBringer: I am going to try that later on tonight. I will post back when I have tried it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back