A7N8X-X cpu problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
A7N8X-X and cpu problems URGENT HELP

I have recently encountered a problem while updating the bios on my asus A7N8X-X motherboard.
I flashed the bios to the newer version 1010 (i previously had version 1006). I also changed the position of one of my stick of RAM in order to get a slight performance increase (now using slots 1 and 3).
I had previously installed nvidia system manager 1.0 and looked at my system info after increasing my fsb and agp bus settings after flashing my bios and changing my ram modules around.
My cpu is an AMD Athlon XP 2400+ runing at ~ 2.0ghz.
When i went to check the system info using the nvidia system tools i noted that my cpu was now registering as an AMD Athlon XP 1800 ~ 1.5ghz.
dxdiag was also registering this same cpu.
I did not even touch my cpu or bios settings. i only changed the ram module and flashed the bios.
I thought that if i changed the bios version back then it would fix this cpu id error, so i downloaded and flashed my bios to 1009, as this added the extra stability for the hynix memory modules and also other ram modules (which i happen to have).
This did not fix my problem, my comp is still detecting my cpu as an athlon 1800+ ~1.5ghz. How could this have happened? what can be done about it?

Could sum1 plz help me with this problem asap.
THanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back