A7N8X-X No Audio Problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't get any audio out of the system and I think I've gone through everything. Here is my checklist. Please help if you can. The motherboard is new. Speakers are just basic Altec Lansings that came with a Gateway.

Speaker inputs, connections, power- OK
Sound Controls - Ok
NVIDIA nforce unified drivers 4.24
Device Manager shows:
-Audio Codecs
-Legacy Audio Drivers
-Legacy Video Capture Services
-Media Control Devices
-MPU-401 Compatible MIDI Device
-NVIDIA nforce Audio Codec Interface: Driver 6.14.431.1
-Standard Game Port
-Video Codecs
Running Win2K Pro
Trying to play music in WMP and according to the player it is working but no sound getting to speakers. I plugged the speakers into the headphone port on my laptop and they work fine. I did try the Realtek driver before installing the nforce unified driver and it wasn't working then either. I don't know what to do now, typically it was the driver problem in other computers but this is weird.

Do you have any error messages in the event log ?

Right-Click on "My Computer" -> Manage -> Event Log

Are there any exclamation points in the device manager ?

Launch NVSwap & while it's testing out the different speakers, play around with the connections on the soundcard & see if you can get some sound coming out ( turn the windows volume control to the max & set the speakers to a decent volume level so you're sure to hear them if you get the connections right ).

Also launch the nVidia audio control panel & make sure none of the outputs are set to mute.

PS. Welcome to TechSpot. Hope you enjoy your stay.:wave:

Thanks for the welcome.
Only device with ! is the USB controller
No outputs are muted.
Cranked volume and still nothing.
Tried all three audio ports on mobo..in,out,mic.
I have the nvidia Nview mixer in my systray as well as the MS sound icon none are muted.

Bad mobo???
Buy a sound card?

i have the same mobo and when i got it i couldnt get the nvidia audio drivers to work so i had to get the realtek ac97 drivers. it works now. i would rather use the nvidia 1s tho but its all the same i spose. maybe you could try installing the realtek drivers and see if it works then
rich

Have you tried using the NVswap utility I posed above ?

On the A7N8X ( non-deluxe ) & the A7N8X-X, the sound outputs can act as inputs. You have to configure them either through the Realtek driver or the NVswap utility.

This is how the speakers should be hooked up ->

2 Speaker setup :

Lime connector -> Line out ( Front Spker Out )
Light Blue --------> Line In
Pink ----------------> Mic In

4 Speaker setup :

Light Blue --------> Rear Speaker Out
Pink ----------------> Mic In

6 Speaker setup :

Light Blue --------> Rear Speaker Out
Pink ----------------> Center/Sub

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back