A7N8X-X post codes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re-installed my A7N8X-X that was previously overclocked with a 2600+ cpu. Took out any hardware that was connected. Now even with same CPU or a different one a 3200+ the mainboard returns a short 1 second beep about every second, when the CPU and fan are connected. Is this mainboard toast, or there any other possibilities before I get another board. PS
I took the system battery out and did re-set the BIOS twice before attempting this.

Can you access the BIOS & enabled speech reporter ? When you say reset the BIOS, I don't know if that means that you went into the BIOS & loaded default settings or if you tried a ClearCMOS.

Speech reporter might give you a better idea of what's wrong.

In any case, according to the A7N8X manual :

High frequency beeps -> CPU Overheated / System running at a lower frequency

PS. Welcome to TechSpot. Hope you enjoy your stay.:wave:

No unfortunately I can't get past the beeping once the CPU is inserted. Does this mean the motherboard is toast?

Originally posted by Didou
Can you access the BIOS & enabled speech reporter ? When you say reset the BIOS, I don't know if that means that you went into the BIOS & loaded default settings or if you tried a ClearCMOS.

Speech reporter might give you a better idea of what's wrong.

In any case, according to the A7N8X manual :

High frequency beeps -> CPU Overheated / System running at a lower frequency

PS. Welcome to TechSpot. Hope you enjoy your stay.:wave:

No need to quote my post, I think it's obvious to which post you're replying.;)

Before reinstalling the board, did it work fine ? Did you try moving the memory modules around ? Are you sure the board isn't shorted ?

Hi,

I have a similar M/B.

Did you set the right values for your CPU when you installed it???

If you want to clear BIOS and start with default values (but don't know what the reset jumper is), you will have to take out the BIOS battery (large watch-like battery).
Then take a screwdriver or other metalic object - maybe wire.....but be careful, and short out (connect) the two battery terminals that are in the battery holder..one on the bottom and one on the side (usually), it's a good idea to keep them shorted for about 50-60 seconds.
Then replace the battery and try starting up again.

If this doesn't work.....you are authorised to cry.....:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back