A8N-SLI Deluxe and Windows Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonNagual

I tried with the Beta, and now I tried with RC1 to no avail. It just won't install on my system. I have done some looking around on the net, and this is not an uncommon problem it appears.

With the Beta version, I eventually did get it installed by disabling all my onboard devices such as the LAN, USB, IEEE394 etc. But with this RC1, no matter what I disable, it freezes upon installation.

Just wanted to start a thread in Techspot to kind of keep a log of how things go as I know many people have this same board. I also know that there are some who HAVE been able to install Vista no problems, as well as some who have successfully installed after disabling some of their onboard devices.

DonNagual said:
I tried with the Beta, and now I tried with RC1 to no avail. It just won't install on my system. I have done some looking around on the net, and this is not an uncommon problem it appears.

With the Beta version, I eventually did get it installed by disabling all my onboard devices such as the LAN, USB, IEEE394 etc. But with this RC1, no matter what I disable, it freezes upon installation.

Just wanted to start a thread in Techspot to kind of keep a log of how things go as I know many people have this same board. I also know that there are some who HAVE been able to install Vista no problems, as well as some who have successfully installed after disabling some of their onboard devices.

On my A8N5X, vista installs ok, but with either the beta2 or the pre-rc1 it sort of hangs on install(it takes several minutes for the language menu to come up, when it doesn't seem to be doing anything during the wait).

I'm sure someone here has a sli deluxe with vista installed though to give some more insight into the matter.

If your installing a beta you have to expect problems. Wait till the proper version comes out and then buy a vista compatible motherboard.

lol. Thanks riekmaharg2 :)

This board is somewhat of an "enthusiast" board, so I am assuming that most people who have this board are well aware of your comments.

This thread is for those who want to attempt to get it working despite the fact that it is only a release candidate (as there have been some people successful).

I've had Vista running on my comp perfectly once. However one day I shutdown my comp and the next time I turned it on it would even load the logo at start up. From there I just gave up and dicided to wait for the final release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back