A8N-SLI Premium fresh load

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just received my new A8N-SLI Premium MOBO, AMD 3700 CPU, twin pack (2G) of Vista ram from Newegg. I thought I researched this board enuff but I am having problems loading the OS and am finding that there are just as many people getting this MOBO to work as there are not. Back when I had the A7N8X-E Deluxe, I found on this board, (which rocks) the needed files to load my the OS onto a pair of Raptor's (WD360) in RAID O stripped. I have been on the phone with ASUS tech reps to get the BIOS set-up correctly and gone to the Western Digital site to find the right drivers for the Raptors. The BIOS see's the Raptors but when it is time to load onto the hard drive's I get a screen telling me that "There is no disk in this drive". What am I missing? Where do I go and what do I need to do? Help!!!!! I'm starting to feel like I made a mistake with my selection of hardware!!!

How many hard drives have you installed and are they IDE or SATA drives?

Are you using a RAID configuration?

If so, I would disable the RAID settings in the BIOS and use a single hard drive to install Windows on.

I'm trying to run two WD360 Raptors in RAID 0 but have also tried to use an old Maxtor 18G, when trying the Max I get to the point where I go to load the software for the Video and run into other problems, it I would like to solve the Raptor problem first. Now if someone can help with both I would appriciate that so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back