A8N32 Generic RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorrow

Can anyone tell me any type of Generic RAM that works with the A8N32 Motherboard? RAM from known companies that make RAM are too expensive for me.

Any DDR266, DDR333, or DDR400 should work. DDR400 is the only type I recommend buying though.

try eBay but yeah check carefully as a lot of generic RAM is high density and incompatible with many mobos.

After You Read Tedsters Guide Then, ....

The bottom has dropped out of memory prices recently. If you haven't checked recently, do yourself a favor and check Newegg's site. I just bought a DDR2 667, 1GB kit of 2 Kingston Value RAM for $58.95 (+shipping). Maybe what you need is more affordable than you think.

Well i always though DDR 400 was the only RAM that could work on the A8N32 because thats the only type they said on the NewEggs spec. And thank you for the infomation

Yo.............!

I'm not suggesting you buy rthe same RAM I did. I'm suggesting that the RAM you need may have dropped in price as well.

The problem is ASUS is very picky about brands and types it will take.

Use of generic ram usually won't work with Asus. But you might be able to. In the end, you'll save yourself a headache if you go with brands and types they recommend.

Well i got Kingstons kvr333 1gr's And i just found out there were PC 2700's. Any Ideas if they will work? *sorry if i may seem like a "noob" to all of you guys, I'm new in tech =D*

And It Posted Happily Ever After......

Kingston RAM is notoriously easygoing. It works a whole lot more often than it doesn't. Your machine should clock itself down to the DDR 333 Specification.

captaincranky said:
Kingston RAM is notoriously easygoing. It works a whole lot more often than it doesn't. Your machine should clock itself down to the DDR 333 Specification.

Well currently i am replacing my rig, So can you people explain to me how to do that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back