A8N32-SLI Deluxe powering problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martinez1708

Hey everyone, just a quick question for you guru's.

I have an A8N32-SLI deluxe Mobo, and I installed it into a new rig I'm building. Everything was working then it stopped powering up. Now it starts sometimes and sometimes not. At first i thought it was the case, so i tore apart my working rig and put it in the case, it seems to be working great. So now i'm thinking it's the actual Mobo that's the problem. Any one know how to test if it's the Mobo and where in the Mobo the problem would be? I already have all the parts for the beast so i dont want to purchase everything all over again, and since i bought this Mobo about a year ago i dont think i can RMA the thing. Is there anyone out there than can help me?

You have an excellent motherboard, but it is very persnickity about having the correct memory... so much so, that ASUS lists what memory brands and models they consider acceptable. Same with video graphics cards.
The motherboard itself is very rugged, and rarely fails.
You could also have problems that are Windows related, because Windows doesn't like you to change anything but the memory.
First step is to download all the latest drivers, to assure you have the latest BIOS, Chipset, and other drivers.. Then query the board about what it requires when you change hardware.

Thanks for the reply, i'm gonna look into the RAM maybe (hopefully) that's the problem. In the rig i'm using now, i have the same Mobo and it's great i love it. I think the only difference is the RAM between the two. I dont think it's a windows problem cause it's a new build with no OS installed.

ok, here's an update, I pulled 2gbs out of my working rig (yeah i had 4gb for no reason) placed them in the muffed up rig and tonight, even though i dont want to I am going to be putting one of my GeForce 6800GS's into it (i'm gonna miss the SLI on my box, and see if it posts. hopefully if it posts that should resolve everything. if you can tell i have a gaming rig now that i dont want to tear apart but i guess it's all part of testing the equipment with proven parts to attempt to trouble shoot. I'll let everyone know tomorrow.

After this excellent idea, you may be back to normal.
If not, you have ruled out something else. The next step, were it me, would be to reset the BIOS (if you have previously performed any overclocking) and start over.
Good luck. Trouble shooting is never any fun. We always must keep a written record of my progress and failures so I can return to an earlier state.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back