Abit AB9 post code 8.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just purchased an Abit AB9 mobo and Intel Core 2 duo cpu. When I go to power on I get post code 8.2 which according to the manual means "Enable ATX power supply".

The ATX 24 pin connector is securely fastened, and the lights come on on the motherboard when I plug it in and turn the PSU on. I have a brand new AeroCool 600w psu.

I dont understand how it would even be possible to see the lights turn on if the ATX power supply wasn't enabled.

Is there anything else that needs to be plugged in? I have connected the 20+4pin toggle and the 8pin ATX12v as well as the ATX4P1 and the cpufan.

why is it not powering on?

Abit's support forums are down. That certainly isn't helpful...

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I have no idea why the Abit forums aren`t working. Perhaps you should contact Abit.

I also suggest you read your mobo manual thoroughly, the answer to your initial question might be in there.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

The Abit forums are back up and running now, so maybe you`ll get your answer there. If not, contact Abit via the link I gave you in my post above.

Regards Howard :)

Same situation, but with AW9D-Max

Did you ever get anywhere with this? I can't manage to find out exactly what the code descripion means.

Help if ya can, thanks.

Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back