Not open for further replies.
I got an
abit an7
Amd 2200+
512 DDr 2700
Pci graphics card
2 Harddrive
450w Power supply

I Turn the power switch on the power supply and it fires up for about 4 seconds. Every fan and drive spins. The green and red leds light up and the lcd screen goes through a few numbers and ends up at 99. I used and old power switch that was on the case and it won't turn on or off. I don't know what to do. I checked the power connecters numerous times, but it keeps doing the same thing
Please help

Faxelsincero@yahoo.com

Hi,

Firstly, welcome.

Just wondered before trying to offer any advice.....

1) Have you just built this computer?

2) Are the power/reset switches connected correctly to the M/B?

3) Have you made any changes to BIOS?

I just built it. I got it to start. The problem was that the power switch was from an old computer and had the led on the power pins so I rewired it.

My problem is now this. I can't get windows xp pro to install again. It keeps getting me to an error screen that says it will not continue to prevent damage to my system.

I am using 3 old hard drives a 10 a 20 and 30 gb. I tried installing on all but it won't take it. All 3 have windows all ready on it and won't let me erase it and put a new one on it. Ive tried maybe 50 times in the last week.

Im running knoppix now but it doesn't let me wipe the drives.\
What should i do.

try idisconnecting two of the hard drives and runnning with the 30 GB

in the bios set your first boot device as the CD rom. then with the XP disk in the drive boot you will boot intot he installation screen. delete the eisting partition and create a new one then format it and install XP

Ive tried it aand it keeps giving me the blue error screen. it also tells me to try turning off bios memory shadow or update. I m not sure if it means to update the bios.
I've tried the 30 gb hd but after i delete the partion i choose ntfs option abnd ethier it freezes at 75% and not copy the windows files or give me the blue error screen

Maybe your processor is getting too hot and causing your system to halt, try reseating your heatsink.

It doesn't matter how big a fan you use, if you haven't a good contact between processor and heatsink it will quickly overheat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back