Abit KR7A RAID

Status
Not open for further replies.
HMm tried to register and post on the abit-usa forums but they are borked atm, get nothing when i click submit :p

sooo posting here :D

/me quotes the email i sent to abit.

Hi, I am having major problems with my KR7A RAID motherboard. When you turn it on there is no speaker indication that it is ok, subsequently there is no response from the monitor. I have tried resetting the bios and reseating the components but with no luck.

I have also tested the Gfx card, memory and CPU in another system and they are all working perfectly. I have now moved the motherboard out of the case onto my desk so I can test it more easily. Is there anything you can suggest to get the motherboard working again ? I am stuck and at the moment cannot afford another Motherboard to get my gaming rig back online.

I doubt theres much that can be done but u never know, someone here might have a funky trick :D

:grinthumb

I take it this is a used motherboard.

If its not, and you have just bought it, take it back to wherever you bought it from. In fact, a reputable store may even replace it up to like a year from when you bought it, provided you have receipt, etc.

Anywayz, it sounds like your board could be dead. If you are getting a completely dead system and have tested other major components, those being graphics card, memory and CPU, and have booted the system "barebones" without any HDD, etc... and have also tested another PSU with the system, then I think you have your answer. As a last check, I would confirm that any CMOS jumper is not missing but from the amount you seem to have taken the machine apart I think you would have noticed by now.

Motherboards DO DIE, and this is not something to be surprised about. There's lots of little capacitors, etc all over there and if even one of them goes then the whole board can be a no go. Do you expect your machine to even post if suddenly your CPU can do longer talk to your PCI bus?

As regards any kind of "funky tricks", there aren't many that I can think of as regards reviving any dead motherboards other than the exercise of deductive reasoning and common sense. As far as problems with motherboards go, if its not a misconfiguration or mis-fitting (which I think you have likely eliminated by now), then its a dead mobo.

Its been probably waiting to happen since the board was constructed and its sojourn into that fate has finally led it past the point of no return and past the event horizon of complete knackeredness. Its just completely broken now and even the people who made the motherboard would be unlikely perhaps to be able to fit it. Its destiny now is to continue for eons to pollute the ground with chemicals from the depths of some land fill site.

I'm very sorry to hear this in light of the fact that you make mention of lacking the funds to replace the board. If this is truly the case then I recommend that you start to save for one as soon as possible.

yeh gotta face it, its gone to heaven :( dont think this AMD 600Mhz is gonna play UT2003 quite as well as my XP1900 lol

/me comes up with a cunning plan to raise funds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back