Abit Nv8 Blackscreen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone help with this. Did build installed OS etc. New optical drive wouldn,t load drivers or software. Out of desperation reset CMOS and now everything makes the right noises but monitor remains black. Similar prob with MSI K9A Platinum but put that down to SLI set up

As a simply (hopeful) fix

Please remove all power source from your computer (physically take out the power cable)
Hold the power on switch in for 30 secs
Securely put the power cord back in
Turn on

Reply back

Do you have a graphics card? Is this a new build? Was anything just changed in your machine prior to this? Are you saying that you have a blank screen with another motherboard (MSI K9A) and you believe that it is caused by a SLI configuration? Am trying to get a more complete picture of your situation. Thank You.

Thanks for the response

main issue is with nv8. Think the mother board is blown now. Graphics card works. Have swapped Ram. PC boots until monitor powers up and green light comes on. Have spoken to Abit tech support and they think it is the board. I might have reset CMOS with mails cable plugged in still although machine wasn't on.
The other board has the same problem but also has SLI capability. I think it was set to this before although I would expect the PCI slots to be found first at boot. Another problem I have with yet another system is a read/write process error on trying to install software/drivers. This is Not RAM Idon't think, so will try another OS. Any suggestions or clues are greatly appreciated. If you are bored I have plenty more questions where they came from. Cheers Si

Have since discovered that the optical drive problem is the drive itself. these are new DVD multi recorders that show in the system as DVD RAM drives. Installed a really old cd rom and it worked first time great. still jhave a black screen with the NV8. Any one know about these drives

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back