Able to increase quality on Video capture card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

james_k1988

Hey there,

Recently got a cheap Tv card off a m8 for video capture for some ingame recordings. Its a "Hauppauge WinTV 88x" card. Im still learnign about what compressions to use etc but one thing has been troubleing me. To test it i plugged my video camera into it and the quality was fine, but when i use my graphics card monitor it decreases quite alot compared to the video cam. (Spec in sig). It is going though AV leads to each card, and i do know that S-Video is much better and so on, but this cards jus to do me a little while and i was wondering if there is any way to increase quality from Gcard to Tvcard. A screen is linked at bottom (sorry i couldnt get it any bigger) to give u a rough idea of what i mean. It is useable for what ill be doing with it but was just curious if there are any tweaks to help it out :)

Thanx

P.s. i am using iuVCR , have used all compression methods, and although performance differs with some the quality stays the same.

http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/5918/capture20060924051433to1.png

Standard TV is rather poor quality to begin with.. Are you sure the problem is with the capture card and not the output from your vid card?

yea thats what im pretty sure it is now. Because i tried putting my vid cam into the capture card and the quality was far beter than what im getting from the vid card. But i thought the vid card would be able to give out better quality since it boasted how good it is for it. The card is a X1800xt 512mb, 2 dvi connectors with a s-video one there (which i have something that converts it to AV). The av cables is coiled up so its not lying all over the place, dont think that would affect it but thought it would be best to say. Im using catalyst control centre 6.8 (i think) and have looked everywhere to find something that would help but no luck

right after some messing arounf ive founf the "capture format" button, so i can increase the reolution and it looks much better (this is on the iuVCR program btw). But when i go to select my normal codec, it wont start. I hav to put the resolution right down before it will actually record. Might just be the program im using of the compression method, but im new on this area so anyone got any ideas?

cheers

(also there are some compression methods that will work but they use all the cpu usage :( )

if i got this correct

your gcard is ouputting signal to your tvcard? why dont you just use some in game recording software such as fraps?

because fraps totally murders your pc while its running lol in MOH my fps goes to like 20-40 (and in this game its very noticeable). Fraps doesnt let you adjust quality. If i use the tv card i get no perforance kill whatsoever (depending on compression)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back