Able to look at old AIM conversations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkstuarez

Don't know if this is the right place for this thread.
Ok, so, yesterday, I was talking to a friend about stuff my mom shouldn't know about. I close it right as she starts to read. "ya know, I can just look up all of your past conversations," she says. I need to know how to do this.

In the options somewhere there likely is something about logging conversations. I don't use the AIM client, but I think when the new one was released I saw that it automatically logs the conversations, but there has to be a way to turn it off. It also likely tells you where its logging them to, probably in My Documents then in a directory named whatever your screen name is.

I don't believe there's anything in the old versions (or I'd have been keeping track of my daughter a bit closer), but AIM Triton does have those capabilities. I'll be converting her over soon....as soon as I can assure her that it won't dispose of her hundred or so away messages. :rolleyes:

What your mom did is she enabled the "log im" feature. It won't log and im's unless you personally change this in your settings. Simply change this back by going to EDIT (on aim), then SETTINGS, then to the IM logging tab, and uncheck im logging.

Now, to delete that convo that you had with your friend..Go to my documents..and there should be a folder called "aimlogger". Open it and delete any logs.

If it isn't in my documents, then you can figure out where they are located in the "im logging tab"..you can also change the save location.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back